Tuesday, January 5, 2021

AECP Level 1 Card 3 - Clean and Simple Boutique Cards

 


I think my style of crafting, whether it is card making or any other paper craft, is clean and simple. Fussy cards with lots of different layers and textures and paper flowers are stunning but sometimes less is more and an understated, simple card is so elegant.

         For this card I used the Altenew Dot Botanicals Stamp Layering set and I stamped repeatedly in             various directions on the A2 card panel using a light green ink. I made sure that some of the                   images were stamped off the card as this looks more natural. I stamped the second layer over the             green layer using Versamark embossing ink. I then sprinkled a gold embossing powder over the             wet ink and heat set this. 

         I embossed the sentiments onto a piece of black card stock which provided a cohesive look to the           card. I cut the left end into a fish tail for added interest.

         I cut this piece down to 4 1/4 x 5"  and added a black layer 1/16" larger than the main panel.                   These were then attached to a standard top fold A2 card base. I felt that there was enough detail             in the design so did not feel the need for any further embellishing.

         

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment