Tuesday, January 5, 2021

AECP Level 1 Card 7 - Celebration Stencil Techniques

 


I created 2 fun and colourful cards after watching the video tutorials. 

It is great to stretch your supplies by creating stencils from die cuts and for these 2-for-1 cards I used the Altenew Tangled Loops Cover Die. 

I die cut the panel in 80 lb Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock, used some Pixie spray on the back and placed it firmly onto the A2 card base. I love creating rainbows so decided that a celebration birthday card was the perfect occasion for a rainbow! I blended 6 colours of Distress Oxide inks in Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet. I then removed the paper "stencil" to reveal the pattern created by masking the pattern on the background. The panel also left a thin white border around the card. 

For the sentiment, I used the Altenew Mega Label Love stamp set. I inked the stamp in Versafine Onyx black ink and heat embossed with fine detail clear embossing powder. These were popped up with foam tape for dimention and off-set to the left side of the card so that most of the background which is the hero of the card would still show. A few iridescent sequins completed the card.

I used the positive left over coloured paper die cut to create another similar card. This time I used the Altenew Mega Hello die for the sentiment. I wanted to add some sparkle to the sentiment but had run out of black glitter card stock so instead used plain black card stock and added Black Diamond Stickles to the die cut and left it to dry completely while stamping and heat embossing the sub-sentiment with white embossing powder onto black card stock. A few black enamel dots from my stash completed this card. 

I love how on both cards the use of black as an accent just pops against the very colourful card backgrounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment