Tuesday, January 5, 2021

AECP Level 1 Card 8 - Seasonal Scene Building

 


Scene building is a bit out of my comfort zone but I embraced the challenge as if you don't try something you never know if it will be successful or not! 

I decided to create a male birthday card this time and seeing as I had the Altenew Mountain Scene stencil in my collection, this was the perfect choice. 

I also decided to change it up a bit and create a slimline card which is all the rage currently and also creat a peek-a-boo window to frame the scene. 

The stencilling was actually really easy to achieve and I just extended the scene to cover the longer card. I cut another base panel the same size and used a large oval die from my stash to cut out a window in the middle. To add some texture and interest, I used a wood grain stencil and embossed this onto the front panel, repeating this until the whole panel was embossed - another way to stretch your supplies. to further enhance the outdoor theme, I used a brown ink pad and dragged it lightly over the whole panel to ink up just the embossed/raised areas, thus creating a bark look. Some die cut leaves coloured with alcohol markers and arranged on opposite sides of the card added some interest and more texture and I finished off with a simple sentiment using the Altenew Essential Sentiment Strips die set and black and white card stock. This panel was popped up with lots of foam tape to create some depth and the window look.

No comments:

Post a Comment