Tuesday, January 5, 2021

AECP Level 1 Card 4 - Easy Ink Blending Techniques

 


I am a big fan of ink blending! I find it very relaxing and the results are always beautiful. This video tutorial was fun to watch and this is my card creation inspired by the videos.

I decided to do the embossed resist technique and used an image from the Altenew Rose Blossom stamp set for this condolence card as the image was soft and delicate. I cut down a A2 card base to 3 1/2" wide and stamped the image repeatedly in 2 vertical row with Versamark embossing ink and added white fine detail embossing powder to this before heat setting the images. 

This panel was then ink blended with 3 Distress Oxide inks in Tumbled Glass, Iced Spruce and Peacock Feathers. I wiped excess ink which had accumulated on top of the white heat embossing with a dry cloth. I then added water splatters to the background and dabbed with a dry cloth to create some texture and interest to the background. 

To assemble the card, I cut both long edges of the inked panel at 1/4" and attached these off-centre to the Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80 lb card panel. I stamped a sentiment from the Altenew Starry Blossoms stamp set onto some white pearl velum with Versafine Black Onyx ink, trimmed it down and attached it to the card. 

I completed the card with some Nuvo Jewel drops in Sea Breeze on the right side to add the finishing touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment