Tuesday, January 5, 2021

AECP Level 1 Card 9 - Easy Die Cutting Techniques

 


The videos in this course were very inspirational and one technique I particularly like doing is die cut inlay. Although it can be a little time consuming, it is also rather therapeutic and great to do while watching a movie on TV!

I started with an A2 panel and ink blended a pink background using 3 shades of pink and blending them so that the ink was darkest at the edges and became very light in the middle. This helps to lead the eye towards the focal area of the card. From another piece of the same card stock I die cut the design using the Altenew Layered Geo Cover Die A.  The pink panel was also die cut with the same die but before I allowed any of the many small pieces to fall out of the die, I used a piece of Glad Press 'n Seal to keep all the pieces in their correct placement. The white die cut was adhered to the base panel with liquid glue then each small coloured piece was adhered into the correct position also using liquid glue.

As this was die cut technique showcase, I decided to use only die cut images on this card. For the floral arrangement I used the Altenew Layered Floral Elements die set. I die cut all the pieces from white card stock but this time I coloured each piece with alcohol markers. I used the rule of 3's to arrange 3 different flowers and 3 sets of leaves in the bottom left corner and each element was popped up using foam tape to create more depth and dimension on the card. Placing the floral arrangement to the side left the middle lighter area for the sentiment which I die cut from black cardstock and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

A few clear sequins which change colour according to the colour they are placed on were adhered in a scattered manner to provide a finishing touch and the flowers were made sparkly with the addition of some clear Wink of Stella.

No comments:

Post a Comment