Friday, April 23, 2021

AECP Level 2 Card 9 - Magical Alcohol Marker Techniques

 Another great class which inspired me to create a card using bold colours this time. For this card, I chose the Beauty Within Stamp/Die/Stencil bundle set - one of my favourite sets in my collection! 


I began by creating my background using a brayer and some yellow alcohol marker (I have the Nuvo alcohol markers but I'm saving to start collecting the Altenew ones!). I scribbled some colour onto my media mat then used my brayer to collect the ink and transfer it onto the cardstock. I loved the organic look it created. 


Next, I stamped my images onto Ninah Solar White 80 lb cardstock using just the outline layers.
I proceeded to use my alcohol markers to colour and shade each flower and leaf cluser, paying attention to shading to give the images a more realistic look. I splattered some black alcohol ink over this (not shown in photos)

I then die cut each image using the matching dies.

I wanted to make the background more interesting so I cut about 1 inch off the right side of the background panel and used the Altenew Creative Scalloped Edges Dies
https://altenew.com/products/creative-edges-scalloped-scallops-die-set to die cut a fancy border. I used a strip of matching blue cardstock from my scraps drawer to add to the right side and bring in another area of the pretty blue colour. This was then adhered to the card base. The sentiment was cut from the Altenew Essential Sentment Strips Die https://altenew.com/products/essential-sentiment-strips-die-set
a small scrap of the same blue cardstock was adhered behind the die cut to help the words pop. Some gold metallic thread from Altenew https://altenew.com/products/metallic-thread-set was attached behind the foam tape before adhering it to the card. 
I used an orange alcohol marker to colour some pearl embellishments orange and adhered these to the centres of the flowers for added interest and dimension.

I love how this card turned out!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, Annemarie!! Stunning.
    Thank you for submitting your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete