Sunday, April 18, 2021

AECP Level 2 Card 2 - In the Mood for Colour

In this course, I learned that the colours we choose often reflect a certain mood. I decided to create a card using a classing rose in the colour red. Red symbolises love, passion and energy so I decided to use the Altenew Kind Reminders stamp set  https://altenew.com/products/kind-reminders-stamp-set. I also decided to use alcohol markers to colour my image, concentrating on my shading and depth of colour. 

To enhance the classic vintage feel of this card, I used the Altenew Storybook Frame 3D embossing folder https://altenew.com/products/storybook-frame-3d-embossing-folder which creates gorgeous texture. I gently rubbed a gold mini ink cube from my stash over the raised portions to further enhance the design and also allowed small amounts of gold ink to brush over the flat areas and the edges of the card panel to make the card look a little old and vintage. I fussy cut the coloured rose, popped it up on foam tape for extra dimension and bend the leaves a little to give more movement. For the sentiment, I used some rose gold cardstock from my stash, stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onxy Black ink and embossed this will clear embossing powder. I cut a fish tail for extra interest. For the finishing touch I added some small dots of Nuvo gold drops and allowed them to thoroughly dry. 

Tip: when stamping on a slick surface such as metallic cardstock or acetate, be very careful not to let your image move after stamping - use a stamp positioning tool if possible. The ink is very likely to smear so in order to prevent that happening I heat embossed the words. 

Below are a few close up photos. I used clear Wink of Stella on the rose for added shimmer.






1 comment:

  1. This looks so regal, Annemarie!! So fabulous!
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete