Polychromatic means "multiple colours" which excited me as I love colourful images.
I decided to change the size of my card for this card and made a slimline card. Slimline cards are all the rage currently and I have made a few and have found them a pleasant change from the usual A2 size. As there is more "real estate" on the card front to decorate, this lends itself to being even more creative!
This card measures 8 1/2" x 3 1/2". I began by stamping the large floral image from the new Fairy Tale Florals stamp set https://altenew.com/products/fairy-tale-florals-stamp-set . The main floral stamp is really large and I was able to stamp it on the left side, turn it around and stamp it again on the right side to create a continuous floral image.
I used alcohol markers to colour the images in 3 complimentary colours. I blended each flower and the leaves using 3 shades of the same colour. I find colouring very relaxing.
My chosen technique from this class was the Eclipse technique where you die cut an image or word from the patterned panel then add them back with extra dimension behind the letters/image to create more interest but to still keep the whole pattern complete. I used the solid alphabet dies from the Linea Pathway Solid and Outline die set https://altenew.com/products/linear-pathway-alpha-solid-and-outline-die-bundle and because I was making a slimline card, I was able to easily fit in the word Birthday.
I used my T-ruler to help me space out the letters and make sure that they were lined up in a straight line. When I was happy with the placement, I added a long piece of purple tape across all the letters to keep them in place, then ran the panel through my die cutting machine. I made sure I kept the landlocked pieces from the B, R, D and A letters. I used a black fineliner marker to add a border around the card.
From black fun foam I die cut the same letters and adhered them into the holes on the card base. I then adhered the die cut floral letter back into their correct positions, including the land-locked pieces.
From black cardstock I heat embossed the word "happy" using fine detail white embossing powder, trimmed it and adhered it above the eclipse word with foam tape. I added some iridescent sequins around the card for some bling.