Friday, June 11, 2021

AECP Level 3 - Stunningly Styled Stencils

 Hello and welcome back to my blog. I hope you are enjoying following my Altenew Educator Journey with me as much as I have enjoyed it?!

I passed Level 2! Whoohoo! 

For Level 3 I was required to choose 5 more classes which were not part of Level 1 or 2 but which were extras I had enjoyed in my own time. I have taken many classes and have thoroughly enjoyed each one and have learned SO much from each class.

I have created a new post with photos and details of my design process for each card.

"Stunningly Styled Stencils" by Laura Jane and Jenny Colacicco was one of the extra courses I chose to take as I have always loved using stencils in my scrapbooking and card making but especially more recently with the invention of layering stencils which allow you to colour an image using ink with a sponge dauber or blending brushes. This makes for a very quick and easy way to colour and for those who are not too keen on colouring with pencils or watercolours, this is a great alternative for those who are not so keen on actual colouring with coloured pencils or water colours.

For my card,  I decided to use the Altenew Meadow Bush layering stencils and die bundle https://altenew.com/products/meadow-bush-layering-stencil-die-bundle which I have recently purchased and was keen to use. 

I am really enjoying making slimline cards as they provide more "real estate" for a design so I repeated the stencilling to stretch across the card. I chose a colour combo of peaches and oranges from Altenew die inks Sunkissed, Orange Cream and Fire Brick and following the guide for the layering stencils, I stenciled the 3 layers of the flowers and for the final layer I used some Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste through the stencil to add some sparkle and shine and more interest. The paste takes on the colour of the ink underneath which is quite stunning. I set the panel aside to dry for a while. 

I then added the stencilled leaf layer using Forest Glades die ink and adding more ink in places to create some depth and interest. I used gold mirror cardstock to add two thin strips to the 2 long edges and to die cut the sentiment from the Altenew Mega Thanks die https://altenew.com/products/mega-thanks-die
I adhered this to some vellum and fussy cut around it leaving a border which would help to make the sentiment stand out more but still allow the design underneath to be visible but muted. 


I adhered this on a slight angle using foam tape behind the solid cardstock areas.  A few sequins from my stash added the finishing touch and a bit more bling.





1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the colours you have used. I did something similar but used the Altenew embossing powder instead of the paste, and the colour of the ink changed! It looked to cool!
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery. Well done!

    ReplyDelete