Tuesday, June 15, 2021

AECP Level 3 - "Elements of Floral Composition"


The course instructor for "Elements of Floral Composition" was Jaycee Jaspar. Jaycee is a very talented Altenew Certified Educator and in this course he taught how to use Colour, Value, Line, Shape, Form, Texture and Space to design a card which looks very pleasing to the eye. I used a combination of most of these for my card design.

 

 I was inspired by each of the 7 classes, in particular shape. I learned that using a shape behind a floral image gives the eye a focal place to land. I chose a circle shape but you could use a square, oval, even a diamond or star shape. I recently purchased the Altenew Circular Elements Die Set https://altenew.com/products/circular-elements-die-set to die cut the largest die into some navy cardstock. I adhered this directly to a A2 card panel. 

I wanted some delicate flowers for my focal image and the Altenew Hill Blossoms Layering Stencils https://altenew.com/products/hill-blossoms-layering-stencil-set with matching die was the perfect choice. I used Pink Diamond, Rubellite and Razzleberry die ink for the stencil layers and Forest Glades and Evergreen for the leaves. I inked up 2 sets of flowers to layer up using foam tape to create more dimension. I was inspired by the contrast in colours of pink and navy for this card. I think they work well together.


I adhered the floral image to the left of the circle and added a pink ribbon from my stash. 
The sentiment comes from the Painted Poppy Stamp set, I stamped it using Versamark ink and silver embossing powder. I fussy cut the words and layered them up, nestling them in to the right of the floral image. A few sequins in an odd number which is more pleasing to the eye added the finishing touch.

Here is a close up photo of the finished card. 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Annemarie!! I love the cards you've been making! Jaycee is SO talented! Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete