Tuesday, June 15, 2021

AECP Level 3 - Fabulous Florals

 

I just love all flowers so this course was one that caught my eye early on in my AECP journey. The course was presented by Lilith Eeckels and Maryam Perez - two very talented instructors.

For this card I used a slimline size but this time created a vertical card. I cut 2 base panels 4" x 8" and ran one through my die cutting machine using the Organic Linen 3D embossing folder

https://altenew.com/products/organic-linen-3d-embossing-folder and lightly rubbing a foam blender with pale yellow ink over to help define the texture more. The other panel I wanted to be the same colour as the darkest colour in the flowers but I did not have enough cardstock in the correct colour so I made my own by directly rubbing Midnight Violet die ink onto the outer areas of the panel and allowing this to dry for a few minutes. I trimmed off a very thin strip from each side of the textured panel and adhered them together using a wet glue.

TIP: If you are adhering a very textured cardstock it is best to use a liquid glue as it will stick better than a tape runner or double-sided tape.


I die cut 6 sets of flowers and lots of leaves and stems from the Altenew Craft-a-flower Cosmos Die Set https://altenew.com/products/craft-a-flower-cosmos-layering-die-set, layered them together using the very useful layering guide which comes with the set and then arranged them down the panel. I added a sentiment from the Altenew Simple Greetings Die Set https://altenew.com/products/simple-greetings-die-set using black cardstock over vellum. I added some pearls for more interest.



   I hope you like this card as much as I do! I just loved all the die cutting, layering and placement of each flower as the extra space on a slimline size card gives you so much more opportunity to add more flowers!!

1 comment:

  1. This turned out beautiful!! Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete