Tuesday, January 5, 2021

AECP Level 1 Card 5 - For the Guys

 


I enjoyed this class and decided to showcase the galaxy background technique in my male card.

Galaxy backgrounds are actually very easy to create. I used an 80 lb Neenah Classic Crest Solar White piece for my card panel. I used a few colours of Distress Oxide ink to blend in different colours over the background - blue, pink, yellow, green, purple. Once that layer was dry I added a light layer of black soot ink over the whole panel to create the "galaxy" look. I added splatters of silver mist spray all over the panel to look like stars. 

To create a card which would appeal to a young boy, I wanted to create a gaming theme but as I did not own a suitable Altenew stamp set I used a die from my stash to create the gaming console using black and silver card stock. A piece of black and white twine was added for texture and interest. 

In order to "ground" the focal die cut, I used the Altenew Fine Frames Diamonds die set to cut out 2 silver diamonds to use in the background. The sentiment was cut from the Altenew Essential Sentiment Strips die set using silver card stock and backing this with black card stock. A simple card but one that I'm sure any young boy would love to receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment