Tuesday, January 5, 2021

AECP Level 1 Card 2 - All about Layering Part 2

 


This card was such fun to create! I chose the Altenew Peony Bouquet layering stamp set as I love classic beauty of this stamp set. I used my stamping platform to create the flowers and leaves as I find this easier, especially if you are making more than 1 flower. I used Distress Oxide inks in three complimentary colours to create these beautiful dusty pink blooms and buds and also 3 green inks for the leaves.

 I used Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock for my card base. This card was folded into a top fold landscape card. The background was dry embossed using an embossing folder from my stash which created a lovely tone-on-tone textured background which provides interest but does not detract from the focal point of the flowers. I cut 1/8" off the top and bottom of the card base so that I could add some extra interest by adding this to a layer of rose gold mirror card stock cut to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" - a standard A2 size card. 

For the sentiment, I used the Altenew Layered Poppy stamp and stencil set, stamped the words onto white card stock using Versafine Onxy Black ink and heat embossing with clear embossing powder.

To finish off this pretty card, I added some pearl embellishments from my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment