Tuesday, June 15, 2021

AECP Level 3 - Cards in Motion

 

My card inspired by the class "Cards in Motion" by Ashley Tucker.

It is fun to do something different with a card, just for a change and to make it more interesting for the recipient. I used the Altenew Mini Flower Cluster Die Set https://altenew.com/products/mini-flower-cluster-layering-die-set to die cut 3 flower clusters and 6 sets of leaves, layer them up and adhere as per the layering guide which comes with the set. 




For the pop-up element I cut a piece of scrap cardstock to a rectangle, score it at every 3/4" so that I had 5 sections. I folded and burnished them then adhered the 2 outer sections together to form a hollow square. I adhered this to the join in the inside of the card base. 



For another interactive idea for this card, I decided to make a shaker window on the front panel. I die cut a rectangle from the middle of an A2 panel then ran this through my die cut machine using the new Deck Planks 3D embossing folder https://altenew.com/products/deck-planks-3d-embossing-folder
and inked over the raised parts with some brown ink to create a woodgrain effect. I used the brown as I like brown and teal together. I inked the inside of the shaker with pale pink ink before adding acetate to the open rectangle then adding a double layer of foam tape around the edge to create a "moat" before adding some teal, pink and white sequins from my stash. I added a sentiment embossed with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto vellum and heat set with clear embossing powder. A few matching sequins around the frame finished off the card..

   Here is a look at the inside of the card. I adhered a floral cluster to the square cube which I had made earlier so that when the card is opened the floral cluster stands up. I added the extra leaves for interest and the sentiment from the Mega Label Love stamp set https://altenew.com/products/mega-label-love-stamp-set using teal ink.


And here is a close up of the card.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous!! Thank you for submitting your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete