Sunday, April 18, 2021

AECP Level 2 Card 3 - With a Twist

 I really enjoyed this class by Therese Calvird which focused on changing things up a bit and creating cards which are a little different to the normal!  I was inspired by lesson 4 which demonstrated how to cut your card panel into a different shape, rather than keeping it square.


I used the Altenew Flower Arrangement stamp set for this project. On a 80 lb A2 Ninah Solar White panel I randomly stamped the first 2 layers of the flowers using Altenew crisp die ink in Polar Bear, Winter Lake and Arctic Mountain. For the 3rd detailed layers and the flower centres, I heat embossed these using Versamark embossing ink and silver embossing powder, just for some added interest and a little shine! The leaves were stamped using Altenew Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades inks. 


For the "with a twist" idea, I cut the panel down on each bottom corner at a different angle and then mounted this onto a navy blue piece of cardstock from my stash. The sentiment was stamped and embossed using the same silver embossing powder and popped up with foam tape for added dimension. A few silver gems added a little more bling. I was very happy with how this card turned out. 

TIP: When stamping a random pattern always start slightly off-centre and continue stamping so that some images are stamped off the page. This gives a more pleasing result and appears as if you have cut your card base from a larger page. 

Here is a close up photo of the finished card.



1 comment:

  1. Thats an interesting shape. I love the colours you have chosen though, they look stunning.
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete